Time is Money.
What you remember to bring to your next service could save you both.
Maybe your running late on your 2-year Transponder and Altimeter Cert. Or perhaps the avionics office called to tell you your new glass panel is in and ready for installation. Either way, the excitement of getting your plane in quickly may have left you forgetting something important at home on your desk.
When bringing in your plane for service, making sure you have everything in hand, or in the plane, can not only help us to serve you better, but might even save you a few dollars as well. Here’s how…
For Transponder/Altimeter Checks
- Retrieving component serial numbers from the log book rather than having to locate them within the aircraft can save an enormous amount of billable time.
- Many components are difficult to access and require disassembly and reassembly of many features in order to locate the components and record this important information.
- Plus, we rather save you the money and us the time!
For Avionics Installations
Weight & Balance Report (Plus History Too)
Flight Manual Supplements
- Having copies of old Weight & Balance Reports can offer our technicians a history of previous mounting locations of your current equipment.
- Not only will this save you billable time from having to locate otherwise hidden components, it can offer our technicians insight into how best to mount your newer equipment.
We mention the need for these items in order to perform our best service to you, yet so often one or more of these documents are missing from the aircraft.
Additionally, in order to be flight legal, it is required that the Flight Manual Supplements and copy of the most recent Weight & Balance report be in the aircraft. Please don’t leave them home.
If you have questions regarding your next service visit, please reach out to us in advance. We would be happy to go over everything that’s needed to perform our best work for you – and in the least amount of time as well.
To learn more, contact us today!
Sky Manor Air Repair and Avionics